Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Beach and AARP!

We are back now from our time away. It was so refreshing to relax after a tough year! God is good and made away for my hubby Keith and I to take some much needed time off.

We stayed in a furnished Condo one block from the beach. The weather was beautiful--it was last week when the weather turned a bit cooler! I sat out on the deck every morning eating my breakfast with a cup of coffee and enjoyed the view---and ocean breezes..... reading my bible and having one on one time with Jesus!

Keith (most days) and I (every day) except the day it rained--went to the beach! I'm so proud of my tan---but it's fading... We packed a cooler with lunch, took a beach umbrella, chairs and our favorite books--just hung out and got in the water! Later on we'd go back and clean up and take a nap. We usually went out once a day to eat a meal somewhere on the Island or close by in town. Yes, it was wonderful!!!

We missed you, but tried not to worry about the world events, economy and just let go of our cares....It's easier said than done, but I can say it's easier now.... because of our time of renewal.

Back to realty though, as we were going through the mail to my "horror" was a membership packet for AARP! The second day of the new year is the BIG one for me "nifty fifty" as they call it. My hubby jokes about getting the senior discount at the movies, but this hasn't happened to me yet. It's just a number I suppose, but this one might be a little harder to swallow.

This weekend, I think I'll head back to the beach with my book & chair and pretend we're back on vacation pre-AARP!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a good time at the beach. So AARP sends out stuff at 50? Yikes.

    ~Sharon~
    A Hoosier Family- http://hoosierfamily06.blogspot.com
    Assembly of God Blogs- http://assemblyofgodblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!

Feeling like Aqua

Hi Everyone! This spring season I've noticed everywhere I go the stores are decorating with teal, aqua and pretty greens.  March mark...