Sunday, October 26, 2008

Are there any good men out there?

My husband and I have been blessed with two beautiful and talented young women. They both have a bachelor's degree and graduated with honors. God has been good and they have turned out to be wonderful women of God. We are so proud of them!

Ever since they've both been little girls I have prayed for their future husbands. The girls have had relationships but they never worked out, which their dad and I are thankful for now that we look back.

I've always encouraged them to be patient that the Lord has the perfect husband for them. I've said, "He knows where you live". We sent them to a Bible college hoping that they would find their mates, but it didn't happen.

The girls graduated in December of last year and had a difficult time finding employment, so they both moved back home. We're enjoying them back home with us and realize that this is temporary and won't be forever. We're enjoying family time together.

Because of their previous relationships, I do wonder if there are any good men out there? There must be! There must be parents that have brought their boys up in the Lord that have the same values, standards and goals that we have instilled in our girls.

We don't know who their future husbands are or where they live, but we continue to pray that God will bring that special person into their lives at the appropriate time.

It's a good thing that I'm not in a hurry to be a mother-in-law or grandmother......I'm still young.

2 comments:

  1. Mom. . . thanks. I believe there is a man for me. Perhaps he is a Rays baseball player. . . ? Eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is just being very picky of who he chooses for the girls future husbands.....He wants SPECIAL men for them....and HE wont settle for anything less....

    I cant wait to see you and pastor as grandma and grandpa....there's going to be a few laughs along the way....but, just think, when youre grandparents you can give them back to their mommy and daddy....

    Enjoy the time that you have with them now...you are building some wonderful memories....

    luv ya
    cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!

Feeling like Aqua

Hi Everyone! This spring season I've noticed everywhere I go the stores are decorating with teal, aqua and pretty greens.  March mark...