Friday, August 29, 2008

RAINBOWS, THE PROMISE

New International Version (NIV) Genesis 9:12

12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come"

When our oldest daughter was a little girl, her favorite song was "Somewhere over the Rainbow," we would have to sing it every night before she went to bed. I can still picture her singing that song with her little girl voice. How sweet it was!

This week coming home from work I saw a rainbow. The scripture above comes from Genesis when God made the promise to Noah that He would never flood the earth again with rain.

There is a symbolism meaning here as well that the above scripture reads in Genesis verse 12, And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come." It means to me that God has made a covenant with me because I've accepted Him as Lord in my life and that He has a personal interest in me. He loves me and cares about me.

I put my hope and trust in Him and know that He is working all things out for my good. It's up to me to place my cares on Him. Seeing this rainbow brought a peace to me that was needed that day.

He has made a promise and just like He promised generations ago to those after the flood this promise applies to you and I today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!

Feeling like Aqua

Hi Everyone! This spring season I've noticed everywhere I go the stores are decorating with teal, aqua and pretty greens.  March mark...