Friday, November 9, 2012

Pastor's wife Appreciation Day

Greeting Friends,

The church that my husband is pastor of remembered us for Pastor Appreciation Day.
Many churches do this yearly in the fall.

The board presented my husband with a monetary gift and the women of the church presented me this tray filled with wonderful treasures.

I'm highlighting one of the teacups and teapot. It was so sweet and thoughtful for the congregation to remember me!

They know me well... :) I'm so blessed by their love and kindness. It is a pleasure to work with this wonderful group of people going on 15 years! We love them very much and serving together in our church and community is such a blessing.

I  hope you enjoy seeing my special gifts!

My appreciation gift! Isn't it lovely?

The vase and heart shaped doilie were given to me

The vintage needle point was mine purchased at a thrift store in Va.

Back side of the Tea pot

Loving the teapot!  It reminds me of Royal Dalton Country Roses

Another view of the Teapot

The back of the tea cup says, Bavaria - Jaeger & Co. Germany

Side view of cup with saucer

Inside view with flowers and delicate gold lace

Small plate that came with it.  I'm guessing desert plate?

Another view with tray and vintage napkin 


It's my pleasure to join the following parties:

Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Marti at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Hope you have a wonderful week!

11 comments:

  1. How lovely that you were given such special treasures! The teapot is especially beautiful, and the embroidered cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this day before, but I love the concept. Most pastor's wives are involved with not only their own families but also the church family. Cheers to your congregation for remembering you.

    HPS

    ML

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there dear lady LaDonna,

    What lovely new pretties you have been graciously gifted with for pastors appreciation day dear lady. They are delightful!...Love it all!

    Hope you'll enjoy many a gracious respite and treasured times of sahred hospitality with these.

    Cheers, blessings and hugs from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen blog


    P.S. ~ (I've been gone so long from being able to take the time and energy in visiting my fellow bloggers and commenting in 'blog-land', that it's great to be back visiting and saying 'hello' once again.
    Saying 'hi' to old friends as well as new fellow bloggers! I thank God!)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gifts on Appreciation Day. Beautiful memories, too! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great treasures! Love the tray and the things on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a thoughtful congregation you must have to remember you like that. It's all so beautiful!
    sandy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello LaDonna,
    I remember those days and what a blessing they were to this pastor's wife and her hubby! They chose beautiful gifts for you, didn't they? The teapot is just beautiful and the teacup; gorgeous! What beautiful gifts for a beautiful lady! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Hope you're you are having a lovely week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tray and so many pretty gifts! I know you were thrilled to be remebered and you as a pastor's wive do many things for you church. The teapot, cup and saucer are so lovely and I am so glad the church thought of gifts you would enjoy for a long time!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tradition your church has and the tea things presented to you are lovely.
    I'm visiting from Rose Chintz Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear LaDonna,
    What a lovely gift you recieved. You are blessed. Pretty-all of it. I hope you enjoy it all.
    Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many reptty posts here! I enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!

Feeling like Aqua

Hi Everyone! This spring season I've noticed everywhere I go the stores are decorating with teal, aqua and pretty greens.  March mark...