Monday, July 23, 2012

Breakfast Nook Tablescape

Hi Friends,
Tuesday has rolled around again and I'm trying my best to get a post entry for you! It's been a week since I blogged so feeling a bit behind. I'm highlighting some special items in my kitchen and things recently acquired.

Hoping you have a great week! I get to see our youngest daughter this weekend and I'm so excited. It's always wonderful to visit with our loved ones.

This is my tablescape for this week. It's in our breakfast nook.

This is the back of the cup and saucer on display. It's jade green and really pretty.
This picture looks more lime that the jade color it is. My grandmother had tons of this and I wished I could have gotten some of it. I bought this in her memory at an antique store.
This Coca-Cola box was given to me. It's cute and small.
These pictures are a little out of sequence. I like the black and white showing the tablescape.
Shows this book was published in 1950. I don't even remember where I got it, but have had it a long time.

The only color pages are the front and back cover and this first page. It's really pretty I think.
Here's the outside of the cookbook. It's literally falling apart. I do use it as a reference source from time to time.
Our oldest daughter bought this at a yard sale years ago. She knew I collected apple things. I never noticed the front how it has a crackled effect. Ha ha!
Love this rolling pin. I've used it a few times, but mostly for display. Picked it up at a thrift store.
Friends gave me this metal tin can. It's small and I have no idea what it was used for. Don't think it's that old.
I hope you enjoyed seeing them my stuff.
It's my pleasure to join these parties this week:
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Sandy at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Good morning LaDonna,
    I like your pops of red. Nice little vignette you have set up and the Fire-King teacup is a wonderful reminder of your loved one. Thank you for sharing this with us at Tea Time and have a gorgeous day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet memories here! My mother had jadeite and I didn't appreciate it growing up. Isn't that always the way?!!! I appreciate it now! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fabulous cookbook, I love it. Love the apple box too. YOur tin is a milk can, such a great find. Lovely vignette. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!

Feeling like Aqua

Hi Everyone! This spring season I've noticed everywhere I go the stores are decorating with teal, aqua and pretty greens.  March mark...