Thursday, September 9, 2010

Don't become weary in growing tomatoes!





Hi Ladies,

This summer I thought I'd try my hand at growing tomatoes. I bought four tomato plants, pots, garden/vegetable potting soil and couldn't wait to plant them and wait for a harvest.

Everyday after work I'd go out on the screened Lanai water them and make sure they were doing okay, or what looked okay to me.

Now, honestly I've never done this before and really didn't have a clue how one should go about growing vegetables. All I could taste and imagine were sweet juicy tomatoes.

The only ones that have seemed to grow are the small grape tomatoes. My harvest thus far is 6 grape tomatoes! The larger plants with the beef steak and another variety have done absolutely nothing!

I was so excited when the first grape tomato was ripe enough to eat, I proudly brought it in and showed my family. At first I thought about cutting it into fours, but decided against that and shared it with my husband instead!

Growing tomatoes I must admit has been disappointing. The other three plants have produced nothing, but I'm still hopeful though....they do have flowers sprouting.

I can understand how Jesus became aggravated when the Fig tree didn't produce and He cursed it to die!

Matthew 21: 18 says, Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away.

I've been hungry for some tomatoes!

The Word also says, Galatians 6: 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I did some research about growing tomatoes and trust that with spraying the plants for bugs and watering properly I will see a harvest. The hard part is not to faint, quit and give up on them!

Just like in our lives we all go through difficult and tough times, if we don't quit and give up there will be a harvest in our lives and victory over those situations.

Lord, I thank you for that harvest that is coming. I will be faithful and not become weary in doing good because I know at the proper time I will see a harvest and tomatoes too! :)

Love & Hugs,
LaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!

Feeling like Aqua

Hi Everyone! This spring season I've noticed everywhere I go the stores are decorating with teal, aqua and pretty greens.  March mark...