Friday, February 19, 2010

Time away in Mt. Dora, Florida


This week my honey and I have taken some much needed time away. We came back on Thursday, but I'm not going back into the office until Monday. I'm enjoying my time here at home. Every time we go to Mt. Dora I get inspired to decorate and cook yummy things we've had while being there. We stay so busy in the ministry and working that it's important to take time away with each other.


My husband is such a wonderful man! Sometimes I think like most we take our spouses for granted. He blogged how during our time in Mt. Dora that he went through one antique shop and frilly, foo foo shop after the other. Probably, the most uncomfortable thing for him was the Garden Gate Tearoom. This is one of the highlights for me. You don't see many men in there. It is a place women love. 


While we were eating lunch, two women stumbled in and were oohing and ahhing at how beautiful and shabby chic it was decorated. They'd left their husbands up a block or two and wanted to go get them to eat lunch there. We never saw them come back! The food is very good and their are known for their signature soup, "Sherried Carrot Bisque". I'm trying to duplicate it as I love it so much. The food portions are generous and they have great desserts!


Garden Gate does a lot of catering, weddings, showers, etc. I highly recommend it if you are in the area!


Keith and I did a lot of resting, reading and just enjoyed being with each other. We enjoyed our stay at the Lakeside Inn. It has a lot of history and character it was established in the 1800's.


It was wonderful to get away, but always good to come back home and sleep in our own bed. I must be getting old. Have you ever seen the commercial where the couple that's been on vacation and they fall forward on their beds telling the bed how much they've missed it so much. That's the way we always feel! ha! yeah, we are getting old!


Well, today I'm lounging around....enjoying this last day! Made a pot of home made chicken noodle soup and creating tablescapes! How fun! Hope you enjoy my pics!


Hugs,
LaDonna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you!

Feeling like Aqua

Hi Everyone! This spring season I've noticed everywhere I go the stores are decorating with teal, aqua and pretty greens.  March mark...